6 Simple Steps to Clean Glasses!
Saturday, December 3, 2016 12:46:51 PM Asia/Calcutta
The best way to keep your glasses fresh and new is by cleaning them on regular basis. This will not only prevent your frames from wearing over time, but keeping your lenses clear allows you to benefit from the full power of your prescription.
Follow these steps to keep your glasses clean.
1. Wash and dry your hands. Clean your hands of any dirt, debris, or anything else that may transfer to your lenses while you clean them.
2. Rinse your glasses gently under lukewarm water. This removes any dust and debris that may potentially scratch your lenses during the process of    cleaning your glasses.
3. Apply a small drop of lotion-free dishwashing liquid to each lens. If your dish soap is particularly concentrated, add the liquid to the tips of your    fingers instead. Avoid dishwashing liquid with lotion as this can leave residue on your lenses.
4. Gently rub both sides of the lenses and all parts of your frames. Make sure to get all the nooks and crannies and rid the nose pads and earpieces    of any excess oil and debris.
5. Rinse your glasses thoroughly. Be mindful not to leave any soap behind as this can leave smudges on your lenses.
6. Shake off excess water and dry with a lint-free towel. Use a lint-free cotton towel or a microfiber cloth to ensure you don’t leave any scratches as    you dry your lenses.
Whichever method is best for you, be sure to not to use tissue papers, paper towels, or the hem of your shirt to clean your glasses as these materials are far too abrasive and can leave microscopic scratches on your lenses.